Author Topic: How can I add clubber and leader photos?  (Read 7327 times)

Rick Leffler

How can I add clubber and leader photos?
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:19:16 PM »
This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Question: How do I get photos into the database for my clubbers and leaders?

Answer: Add member photos using the Photo dialog which is accessible from the Member record by clicking the photo frame; using the Photo button in the toolbar of the Clubber List, Leader List or the Check-in List; or under the Tools menu (Manage Photos). There are two ways to add the photos:

1) Open a photo using photo editing software. Crop or Select a headshot sized area, then use the COPY command which places the graphic in memory. From the Photo dialog, right-click on the photo frame. Select PASTE from the popup menu.

OR,

2) For photos already saved as .JPG files, from the Photo dialog, right click on the photo frame. Select LOAD... and then navigate to and select the appropriate file.

Tips:

* Instead of taking individual photos of each clubber and/or leader, take a group shot. Open the photo in photo editing software and "select" a region around each person's face, one at a time. Copy/paste as described above. This is much faster and allows selection of a nice portrait shaped headshot.

* When taking photos, keep the resolution modest. Even though digital cameras can do 10 Megapixel photos, dial it down to 3.2 at most. (Even then, let AW resize the photos).

* For individual photos, instead of loading the entire file, open each one and crop the photo to just a portrait style (slightly taller than wide) headshot.

* After pictures are saved in the Photo dialog, use the "Resize All" button on the toolbar to reduce the amount of storage space required.

* Each member can have more than one photo. Use the forward and back buttons below the photo frame to navigate. Add a description and a date to each photo.

* Print a Photo Directory using the "Member List with Photos" report.

* Print photo Name tags/badges using the "Name Tags" report. Under "Include the Member's" section, choose "Photo".
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:06:00 AM by Annette »