Author Topic: Bible Quizzing Event Question  (Read 6015 times)

ebbcawana

• Me and Art Rorheim
Bible Quizzing Event Question
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

I am entering the T&T Clubbers who are signed up for our annual Bible Quiz event.  I love the way the information is displayed but wanted to know if there was a way to display the current book so that I can sort the clubbers by what book they are currently in so I can easily use that to form my teams.

Thanks - Ken Baker (HAPPY AW user for the past 8 years!!)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:35:35 AM by Annette »
EBBC Awana Commander since 2003 and user of AW since 2007-2008 Club Year

Rick Leffler

Re: Bible Quizzing Event Question
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
You can use the main Clubbers list grid to prepare for Bible Quiz. 

1. Apply a filter to show only T&T clubbers. (Float the mouse over the Club Name column header, click the down arrow that appears, then select the dropdown checklist box.)

2. Hide all header bands you don't need, keeping Name and Primary Handbook visible. (Use the tiny buttons in the upper left corner of the grid to get a dropdown checklist of column bands and clear the checkmarks for those that aren't needed.)

3. Group clubbers by book. (Drag the Book Name column header up into the grouping area above the grid and drop it there.)

4. If desired, sort based on percentage complete. (Click the "% Complete" column header: one click sorts in ascending order, a second click sorts in descending order.)

5. Preview/Print the grid and/or export the data to MS Excel using the appropriate toolbar buttons.

When finished, return to the 'normal' grid view. (Click the last toolbar button - the gear - and select "Reset Grid layout".
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:21:25 AM by Annette »

ebbcawana

• Me and Art Rorheim
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »
Rick,

I guess I wanted to see if there was a way to include in the "events" tab when I assign clubbers to a Bible Quiz in the grid layout a column for BOOK so that I can could click on that and sort the clubbers by the current book they are in as they sign up.  It would make organizing my teams easier and allow me to group the clubbers by their books (using a column sort) and then the team name (under notes).

Currently, I go back and find what book they are in and type that into the NOTES box on the NEW EVENT spot (where you enter a new clubber for each event).

Thanks - Ken Baker

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:34:23 AM »
Oh, now I understand better what you want, thank you. Short answer: No, there is not presently a way to include the Current Handbook in the Events List grid.

For a future enhancement though, I have a question: Would it be enough to only display the Current Handbook as a column in the Events List grid and not include it on the actual Event Dialog? (like the Phone, Email, Gender, Grade, etc is now for example)  Also, would you need the Percent Complete too?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:23:10 AM by Annette »

ebbcawana

• Me and Art Rorheim
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »
Rick - just the current handbook would be great in my situation (as I am not concerned for Quizzing purposes how much that they have been completed) but cannot speak for all Commanders or other users of AW.

I also want to say thank you for having a WONDERFUL product!!!  I have been using AW for over 9 years now and find it to be the best by far compared to other programs available.

We need to get you back to PA again and join us for a Fall Conference again.  It was great having dinner with you as part of the Lanty/Tammie Moss Ministry Team for the conference you participated in with us!!!

Looking forward to AW for many more years!!