Author Topic: Waived fees  (Read 6708 times)

rryan58

Waived fees
« on: September 16, 2010, 07:33:22 AM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Is there anywhere in the Household area that I can select to waive all fees for a whole family.  For our Church Staff we waive all fees.  We also do this with our Bus Ministry.  Is there anywhere that I can waive all fees on an individual clubber.  I would still like to see the total cost that has been waived.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:41:08 AM by Annette »

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
Re: Waived fees
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »
Yes there is a way.... open the Household Ledger, the Fees for 2010-2011 tab should be showing, if not, click to show all household fees.
In top right screen, open Payment list, choose Waived, yellow bar should appear noting "ONLY pay selected fees below", check the boxes in each line item to be waived. I would type in your club or whatever you choose for the Payor and maybe enter a reference note in the Note area i.e., (paid from Scholarship Fund, their leader, etc.) Later on you may glad you added a note to recall any details...  ;)  Click POST the payment and that should do it. If you make a mistake, you can always Delete this payment and reapply.
David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

Sherri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »
I'm curious as to how other clubs do their waived dues.  Do you waive them at the beginning or the end of the year?  If you waive them at the beginning, then the clubber will get points for having paid their dues each week. 
Sherri Meadows
Monument, CO

Mainah

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 11:28:37 AM »
I did it that way too, so that the check boxes were always checked. 
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine

Sherri

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 12:01:23 PM »
So, you allow the clubber to get points for dues even if they didn't really pay them, but had them waived?  I actually waited until the end to waive them last year, so that only the kids that really paid the dues got the points.  But I'm wondering now if that is the "fair way" of doing it, or the "selfish way".  Hmm...
Sherri Meadows
Monument, CO

dave4him

• Global Moderator
  • I love this job!
    • First Baptist Church Awana Clubs
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 09:29:30 PM »
I'm curious as to how other clubs do their waived dues.  Do you waive them at the beginning or the end of the year?  If you waive them at the beginning, then the clubber will get points for having paid their dues each week. 

I waive any unpaid dues at the end of club year.
Also during the Christmas break, I send out clubber progress reports with an household account status (minus the due fees) report included. By this time, a lot of parents have forgotten about unpaid (book, etc.) fees. At the end of the club year, I wipe the slate clean. I guess every year is the Year of Jubilee here  :D

David Barnes
Awana Commander
First Baptist Church
Branford, FL
N.Fl. Awana Ministry Team

Mainah

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
Oh, right, we don't give points for dues.  Quirky, maybe, but it just seemed like something we needed to do.  Not penalize for not paying money. 

At the end of the year we do waive whatever wasn't paid, then we invoice everyone anything else that has been left unpaid. 
Diane
Saved at Awana in 1975!
Office Director
Cornerstone Baptist Awana Club
Maine