Author Topic: during Covid . . . kids passing sections at home  (Read 3164 times)

DebLiveOak

• now that's what I call multi-tasking
    • FBC Children's Ministry
during Covid . . . kids passing sections at home
« on: March 24, 2020, 02:52:28 PM »
Note: This post generally applies to the Cloud database's Windows App. See note below regarding the Legacy database.

We are continuing to let kids pass sections while in isolation. We're using Facebook private group for parents to submit pics or video and they can also call their listener to say a verse over the phone. So I need to record the sections but not the attendance. Is there a way to turn off the attendance automatically being checked? I never thought I'd ask that because I really, really love that feature on a normal basis. But for the time being, I would love to be able to turn it off instead of logging sections and then unchecking attendance.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:20:19 AM by Annette »
Director of Preschool & Children's Ministries
First Baptist Church
Live Oak, Florida

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: during Covid . . . kids passing sections at home
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 10:45:46 AM »
[Note: I believe you are a Cloud database customer, so I am answering based on that. For Legacy database customers, there is an option under Admin > Options > Check-in to turn off the auto-check Club Attendance.]

As with many other new situations we are all navigating, we never anticipated clubbers saying verses remotely!

We do already have a request to make this an optional setting (like it was in the Legacy database).  We will see what we can do.

In the meantime, the best work-around is to clear the attendance for days you know you didn't meet. There is a quick and easy way to do this in the Windows App. On the main Check-in grid, set the club date at the top to a week you did not meet (like 3/24).  Filter the Attend Club column to show any that are true. With focus in the grid, press Ctrl+A to select all records. Then, right click to get the pop-up menu. There is an option to Set Attendance > Not Present.  When you select that, there will be a confirmation.  Click Yes and all of the attendance will be cleared.

[Note: there is also an option in the pop-up to Excuse attendance if any clubs want to go that route. A caution on this option: if you excuse all of the attendance, then mark a section on that date, it will override the excused absence and mark the attendance.]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 09:29:46 AM by Annette »

DebLiveOak

• now that's what I call multi-tasking
    • FBC Children's Ministry
Re: during Covid . . . kids passing sections at home
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:49:03 AM »
Thanks!!   ;D
Director of Preschool & Children's Ministries
First Baptist Church
Live Oak, Florida