Author Topic: Grace In Action Silver 4.4  (Read 393 times)

Secretary Sue

Grace In Action Silver 4.4
« on: April 10, 2019, 12:52:40 PM »
One of our Club Secretaries has discovered that in some clubber records, they have TWO entries for Silver 4.4. As a work-around, they have been entering the same date for both entries so the section is completely marked finished but this seems odd. Has anyone else found this? I haven't been able to investigate yet to determine what is the common thread that makes this show-up on some records. I'm guessing that it doesn't show-up on all because this is the first I'm hearing of it!

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: Grace In Action Silver 4.4
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
Thanks for reporting this.  I am also seeing it in a test database.  I'm guessing that it is only impacting some clubbers based on if the book was already assigned when we made corrections to the book during an update.  The generic book record looks correct, it is just some assigned books that are not right.  I did verify that both sections need to be marked for the award to trigger correctly, so you are on the right track with that.  Just keep in mind that if clubbers earn points for sections completed, they will get double for that one right now.  If needed, you can use the 'other' points field to enter negative points to balance out the extras. (Just make a note so it can be undone later once we have a correction in place!)

We will investigate further and either include a fix in the next build or post a solution that you can use now.

Annette

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 02:59:49 PM »
Here's a solution:

Be sure that you have BOTH Silver 4:4 sections marked for any clubbers that have completed Silver 4:4.

Run a backup. Go to Admin > DB Utilities > SQL Workbench.

Copy the following text and paste it into the box, then click "Run SQL":

delete from Section where section_id = 5666

You should see a message at the bottom of how many records were updated.

For those not comfortable running SQL, we will be handling this in the next update (during the summer).  You should have both sections marked so that the award triggers (be sure to handle the extra points if needed).  If it's a significant problem for you and you would like assistance, please contact support.

Secretary Sue

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »
Thanks so much, Annette!