Author Topic: T&T Emblem question  (Read 568 times)

kv

T&T Emblem question
« on: November 14, 2018, 02:47:06 PM »
I apologize if there is an easy answer to this, or if my terminology is wrong - I'm still learning how to use the program. All our T&Ters are using the Agents Of Grace book this year. I assumed the program would recommend the larger patches (Challenge emblems) for the 5th & 6th grade awards, but it is telling me to keep handing out the arrow-shaped ones (discovery emblems)....even for kids who have completed 3 previous T&T books. (So, they already have their 2 sets of the discovery emblems, and have received the first set of Challenge emblems.)  Am I missing something?

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: T&T Emblem question
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 10:10:13 AM »
The awards are associated to the specific book, not a grade level.  The default for the Agents of Grace book is the "Emblems" (the UA chevron awards).  There is the option to use the UC emblems for the older grades.  There are two places where you can designate the award set, as follows:

1.   Under Admin > Curriculum, open the book record for Agents of Grace.  On the Cumulative Section Awards tab, you can select the Default Award set to be used when this book is assigned:  “Emblems”, "UC1" or UC2".  The UC awards are divided between UC1 and UC2 for first and second year. (The specific awards/order can be changed on those).  The default for this book is "Emblems", so anyone that was assigned a book with this setting, has that award set connected to their book.  Changing the default award set here will only impact books assigned after the change.  It won’t change any books already assigned.  For that you need the second piece.

2.   For a UC clubber, open the Member Record and go to the Handbooks tab. In the grid is a column for “Award Set”.  This determines the awards that will trigger for this specific clubber for a given book.  In the grid, you can click in the cell and choose a different award set.  Change it to either UC1 or UC2.  For that clubber it will now start using the UC award set you selected. (You can uncheck and recheck sections completed to remove old awards and trigger the new awards, or clean up the already earned award records manually if you haven't already done so.)