Author Topic: How to assign a point amount to a team (not individual clubber)  (Read 3815 times)

coastbible

How to assign a point amount to a team (not individual clubber)
« on: October 03, 2018, 11:06:41 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Legacy database as well as in the Cloud database's Windows App.

Our club splits Sparks and T&T into colored teams (Sparks Red, Green, Blue, Yellow; T&T Red, Green, Blue, Yellow). I'd like to be able to assign 100 points to the team that wins during games (75 for the second-place team, 50 for third). I don't want to assign points to individual clubbers, and I don't need the games points to carry over during the year--only for that particular club night so we can calculate which team won for the night. The games points would be added to that team's total of other points for the night (attendance, handbook, sections, etc.).

The Sparks club also wants to be able to assign points to one team for listening well during Green Meadow time--again, these points would not carry over week to week and would not be for an individual clubber but for a team.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:23:04 AM by Annette »

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: How to assign a point amount to a team (not individual clubber)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 04:33:26 PM »
There isn't a way to add points for a team.  You can only track points for individuals and then determine team points by adding up the points from the members on the team.

I hope other folks will chime in with suggestions for handling team points so you get some ideas that might allow you to accomplish your main objectives in a little different way.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:58:32 PM by Annette »

roscom

• Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 04:28:33 PM »
I agree with the previous poster that there isn't a way to assign "team points" in AWdb if you don't want them added to the individuals.

The simple solution is to take the team scores from AWdb for each team color and then manually add the appropriate placement points to get your final team score.
Maureen Roscorla
Administrator
Awana@Gold Country Baptist Church

Annette

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 02:33:01 PM »
I was responding to some other posts and when I saw this again I had an idea. What if you assigned a leader to each team and then awarded the "team" points to the leader?  You can include leaders with your clubbers on the Check-in grid and then group by team.  The leader's points would get added to the clubbers' points.

Caution: if the leader is assigned to a specific club, like Sparks, the leader will also earn points for attendance, etc.  You might not want those points to be included in the team point total.  If the leader is assigned to the "Awana" club, you can set all of the points to be 0.  If you have enough leaders assigned to the "Awana" club, you could assign one of them to each color team.

Anyway, some thoughts and possibilities for consideration!!