Author Topic: Texting People  (Read 3401 times)

KathrynU

Texting People
« on: September 28, 2018, 03:13:50 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Does anyone out there use AWdb to send group texts to their Awana families? If so, can you tell me how you send them? I can see where I can gather textible phone number from the database, but then I'm wondering where to go from there. Do you send them out from your personal cell phone or some other way? Are you limited to 10 people at a time for a group text, so do you send them out in batches? 

For the past couple of years we've used the Remind app to send weekly reminders about the theme for the night and to make other announcements. It works well, but it's just one more contact list that I end up having to maintain. I'm wondering if there's a better way to do this.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:23:13 AM by Annette »

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: Texting People
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 04:48:11 PM »
Gathering textible phone numbers is designed to be used with your e-mail client.  In order to use the textible phone numbers, you need to have the service provider (AT&T, Verizon, etc) listed. The textible phone numbers are then converted to e-mail addresses using the appropriate information for the listed provider (txt.att.net, vtext.com, etc).  Cut or copy the generated addresses into the BCC field of your e-mail client to send.

Also see the tips on the right side of the Gather E-mail and Textibile Phone Numbers dialog for additional help.