Author Topic: Importing Pictures  (Read 655 times)

MaureenCooper

• Tri-City Awana Clubs
Importing Pictures
« on: October 14, 2016, 05:55:15 PM »
I am having a problem importing pictures.  Every time I try, AW shuts the program down.  I've tried this at home and at church.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:59:21 AM by Annette »
Maureen Cooper
Commander
Tri-City Church, Vista CA

Rick Leffler

• Administrator
    • Approved Workman
Re: Importing Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 07:59:42 AM »
When you say "importing" pictures, you're not trying to use the data import feature are you? (That won't work.) 
Open the Photo List module from the Clubber List (photo frame icon) or open any member record and double-click the photo frame.  From the Photo List you can select a member's name in the list, then right click the photo frame and select "Load...", then select your .jpg image that you want to load.  Note: It must be a .jpg file, not some other file format and maybe that is the problem?

Another approach is to open a photo first in your favorite photo editor/view and then select the headshot area and perform a "Copy", then you can right-click in the AWdb photo frame and do a "Paste".  This approach works without having to worry about file types.
Rick at Leffler Systems
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

MaureenCooper

• Tri-City Awana Clubs
Re: Importing Pictures
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
The second approach worked.  The first way to do it is the way I've been doing it for years.  For some reason this year it didn't work for me.  Thank you.
Maureen Cooper
Commander
Tri-City Church, Vista CA