Author Topic: Team Points - Divide Factor  (Read 6361 times)

aboardwine

Team Points - Divide Factor
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »
Note: All information in this post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Hello!

I am new to the forum/software, but my church (Heritage Baptist in Central VA) is not.

What I'm looking for is an option to divide a team's total points (from check-in and sections completed) each week by the number of clubbers present that evening as opposed to the total number of clubbers on the team.

I have attached an image with the screen that I think this option would fit best on, but that is up to the developer. :-)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:52:57 AM by Annette »

MaureenCooper

• Tri-City Awana Clubs
Re: Team Points - Divide Factor
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »
On the Check-in screen, drag the Color column to the left above the x and check mark. It will give you the total present, total points, avg., total reg. sections and avg.  Would this be what you want?  This is what we use every week to give us our total team points.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:36:59 PM by Annette »
Maureen Cooper
Commander
Tri-City Church, Vista CA

aboardwine

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »
No. I know how to get those point values, but if you'll notice in your screenshot, the number of total points is being divided by the total number of clubbers on the team rather than the number of clubbers who are present.

Blue team would have had 65 points, green would have 77.5, red would have 63.6, and yellow would have 63.9. Teams are getting penalized fairly heavily for clubbers who don't show up.

Based on the average points that the system gave, the team order would have been Y 1st, G 2nd, R 3rd, B 4th. Dividing by clubbers present takes it to G, B, Y, R.

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 11:36:31 AM »
Try this:

On the Check-in List grid, apply a filter to the "Attend Club" column so that you are only showing those who ARE present. Then when you group by Team Color, the stats will be based on only those who are present. 

Secretary Sue

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 11:43:16 AM »
This is all good for when we need the stats for each team and we use this information weekly - thanks!  However, right now we have a contest between clubs and they want stats for the club as a whole but they want it based on the clubbers present therefore they want the average sections said per clubber (including required and extra credit) - not just totals.  Is there a way to run a filter to get that same information without grouping by team color so that the program does the math for averaging?

Annette

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 02:00:43 PM »
On the check-in grid, you would still apply the filter to show Attend Club = True.  If you want stats for each club (Sparks, T&T, etc) then you would group by Club Name instead of Team Name.  There is a way to get stats for all of the clubbers together also.  Set the Show selector to Clubbers and Leaders, be sure the Member Type column is visible and then group by Mbr Type.  This gives you the averages for all clubbers (in attendance) as well as for the leaders.  See the screen shot.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:15:04 PM by Annette »

Secretary Sue

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 06:50:57 PM »
Thank you SO MUCH! This looks like exactly what we need!  The only "glitch" I can think of for our situation is that we usually have some clubbers who are also working on extra credit sections and we would need to give them credit for those sections.  I'm guessing that they would not be included in this averaging since it says "Total Req Sections".  Any suggestions???

Annette

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 02:17:59 PM »
I was reviewing posts and found we hadn't responded to the final question.  You are correct.  The summary only includes the "Total Req Sections" and the average is based on that.

I have added this to our list of enhancements. Would it be sufficient to add Total All Sections and Avg (All Sections) to the summary information? Or would you want the extra credit sections listed AND the combined required/extra credit totals?

Update: 2/17/2022 - Legacy version 5.9.0.5 update log includes: [] Check-in List Grid: The Review/Extra Credit sections are now included in the TOTAL Section Counts and Averages when a grouping is applied (previously only the Required sections were included) The same change was made to the Window's App in v. 5.5.5.6
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 10:23:28 AM by Annette »