Author Topic: Can I delete old versions of handbooks?  (Read 1163 times)

Rick Leffler

• Administrator
    • Approved Workman
Can I delete old versions of handbooks?
« on: September 23, 2013, 11:27:10 AM »
A user writes:
I would like to "delete" some of the old versions of the handbooks that we no longer use as choices when assigning handbooks to children.  For example, there are 3 version listed for Ultimate Adventure 1 and we only use 2010 version.  All the options lead to mistakes when assigning books, especially for new people who are joining us and don't understand the history of why there are 3 books listed there, even though they are checked as obsolete.  I can't find where I can make this change.  Could you help?

Answer:
The old handbooks exist so that you may enter historical data, and at times, some clubs have a quantity of older books in stock that they want to use before ordering the new editions.  So, you don't really want to delete those older generic handbook records. However, it does make sense to get them out of the way so a user is not confused by so many choices when assigning handbooks.  

What you need to do is open any book that you know you are not using (Admin > Curriculum > Books) and then clear the checkmarks from the "In Use" checkboxes.   Also, while on the open generic handbook record, enter a note in the "Handbook Assignment Dialog Note" field that will help users know if this is the right book or not.  Doing so will make it easier to make the selection on the Handbook Assignment Dialog if the users tells it to show all books, even those that are not In Use.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:15:25 PM by Rick Leffler »
Rick at Leffler Systems
Murfreesboro, Tennessee