Author Topic: Home Page Enhancements  (Read 6068 times)

Awana@CBVB

Home Page Enhancements
« on: September 15, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »
Note: All information in this post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

A couple of thoughts for the home page:

1) For larger clubs, we are maxing out the graph at the top...I know it is a minor thing but maybe having it dynamically alter the y-axis to adjust for the number of clubbers & leaders would be a nice improvement.

2) I notice that the clubber:leader ratio seems to be based on all the leaders regardless of their role (it includes secretaries, directors, commanders, etc.).  In reality, what I would like to know is what the ratio is with those who are working directly with the clubbers in a given night.  If you take out the directors and secretaries, which are not really working one-on-one with the clubbers, your ratio would be more realistic.  If we are trying to have a specific clubber:leader ratio of 5:1 (as recommended by Awana and for child protection purposes), it would seem best to have a calculation to reflect that on the homepage.

Thanks for your consideration and thoughts.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:53:08 AM by Annette »

Annette

• Global Moderator
Re: Home Page Enhancements
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »
These have been added to the enhancement requests.

Annette

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 02:05:56 PM »
This is an old request, but we have been investigating the enhancement related to the Home Page Graph.  We tested this in 5.4.0.1 and the graph does adjust based on the size of the club (see Graph 1 for a screen shot of a large club).

Even though the graph goes to 400, there is very little detail and small differences in attendance between club nights are difficult to see.  There is a solution to this.

The size of the different sections of the Home Page are adjustable.  Use the splitter to enlarge the area for the graph (see Graph 2 screen shot).  This allows for more detail to be shown.

There are also horizontal splitters to adjust the area for the calendar, birthdays and visitor sections as well as a vertical splitter.

You may Save a custom layout of the Home Page under View in the Main Toolbar.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:23:44 PM by Annette »

Awana@CBVB

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 10:37:19 PM »
Annette,

Thanks for the reply.  I did find out after the post that the sections on the homepage were adjustable which made it easier to see. 

Was there any further work on part 2 of the post re: the ratio of clubbers to leaders?

Jason

FBCEL_JDG

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »
I too am interested in realistic ratio of Clubbers to Leaders... we have leaders/helpers that do not have a one-to-one working relationship with our clubbers