Author Topic: Verse totals  (Read 5258 times)

godsservant

Verse totals
« on: April 23, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »
Note: This request applies to the Cloud database's Windows App as well as the Legacy database.

Maybe I am the only one to do this but I give ribbons to the clubbers  in each club with the top 3 number of verses recited this club year.  I also calculate the total number of verses each club and our cumulative Awana club totals each year for our awards night.  It's impressive to see that a large number of verses have been hidden in people's hearts! 

To do this I have an excel spread sheet that I have listed which verses are in each section. If it is Eph 2:8-9 that counts as 2 verses.  I do not count activities or books of the Bible as verses unless there is an actual verse in the section.   I probably have just spent roughly 8 hours though to go through each clubber in the database and figure out exactly how far they got (I can see the rough overview on your handbook achievement summary screen but not each section and which ones were done this year - I could see a full printout of each child on the detailed screen but with 200 children it is too many to print and probably not that fast.)

Sooo.... I would love to have on the calculation screen for each child - how many verses have they done this club year (and perhaps for fun a cumuluative - how many since in Awana though that is less important to me.)  Then on the report screen we could have a report that shows per clubber how many verses and also cumulative totals by club (Cubbies/Sparks/T&T) or Cumulative for all clubs combined.   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:53:27 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Verse totals
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »
Have you tried the Achievement Report?  This will give you a count of all SECTIONS (not actual Bible verses though) for each clubber for the time span you specify.

FBCEL_JDG

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 01:02:49 PM »
I too am Curious could you possibly do a report that totals up the number Verses (not just sections) that have been recited? may be for a later release of the program

Godservant, would it be possible to email me that spreed sheet (excel) that would be a great thing to have

Annette

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »
There is a field to track verse counts in the generic handbook records (Legacy: Admin > Curriculum; Windows App: Admin > System Settings > Curriculum). Known verse counts are populated.  These may be used for reference (and updated if needed).

In a future update we will consider a new report that uses each book's verse count to estimate the total number of verses recited.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 09:41:31 AM by Annette »