Author Topic: Wording of automatic account letter  (Read 5133 times)

godsservant

Wording of automatic account letter
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Is there a way for me to ammend the wording of the account dues letter that prints automatically.  We would like to add who to make check out to, consequences of not paying (awards not being handed out). etc.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:38:50 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Wording of automatic account letter
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:17:25 AM »
Yes.  :) 

As indicated on the Household Account Statement dialog:

"Note: You may customize the opening paragraph text under Admin > Options > Fees and Dues > Account Statement."

[Note: in the Windows app, the Options tab is under Admin > System Settings.]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:41:49 AM by Annette »

Awana@CBVB

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:17:06 PM »
I am interested to know how many other churches use this function and how they handle "outstanding" balances.  This is our first year with the AWdb and have really appreciated its functionality.  This is then also the first year we have used the "Account Statement" and had a bit of backlash from it.  Some found it offensive that we were distributing a "bill" for the household. 

We only had about 6% of our families that were outstanding on dues and in all reality I think it may have been misinterpreted but I wonder if anyone has had any experience with distributing this statment and whether changing it to a "reminder" than a "statement" would be any help?

tapper1

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:06:25 PM »
We have used the feature for a couple of years now and we stress in the memo:
1) there may be errors, let us know if there are
2) people may have forgotten there are fees due
3) if there is a need for scholarship, let the church office know.

We send them out after the new year, so people have time to respond.  Not any backlash so far
Terry Printz
Commander
Christ Community Church
Zion Il