Author Topic: Adj column on fees tab  (Read 5030 times)

CommClay

Adj column on fees tab
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

What does the "Adj Inventory" column (check box) represent on the fees screen?  I can't figure out the logic to it.  It is mostly on the items not received but not on all of them.  It is on one and only one of the items received. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:40:43 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Adj column on fees tab
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:02:20 AM »
Usually the Adj Inventory column is not one you'd need visible, but that is a boolean value that indicates whether or not the Qty_InStock for that particular Inventory Item Number was adjusted when the record was created.  If that Fee is deleted, and the value is "True" (that Inventory WAS adjusted already) then the database knows that it will need to add the item back into inventory by increasing the the Qty_InStock value.

CommClay

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »
I must be missing something.  Shouldn't that go hand in hand with Rec'd / Not Rec'd?  I've got a mix of True and False on my Not Rec'd. (assuming true is a check and false is a blank)  Why would it adjust inventory if it was marked as Not Rec'd?

Rick Leffler

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »
When an Award item, or a Fee record is created it is assumed that the item was pulled from Inventory and set aside for that clubber. I had to make a decision to adjust inventory when either: a) the record was created, or b) when the item was handed over. I decided to go with "a" because the item really is depleted from inventory because it has or needs to be set aside for that clubber. If for some reason it does not get handed over... maybe they are not in uniform for example, that item is still technically "used", even if it sits in a cabinet for a week with their name on it. Same goes for newly assigned books and uniforms that are waiting in the wings until the clubber finishes their entrance booklet... those items are technically depleted from Inventory counts and you'd need to know that to help manage your remaining quantities and plan for re-ordering.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 11:30:27 AM by Annette »