Author Topic: Assigning Points for Sections Said  (Read 5826 times)

Secretary Sue

Assigning Points for Sections Said
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:33:13 PM »
Note: This post only applies to the Legacy database!

Am I correct that I can only customize the point value for sections said by each book and not by each club?  I encountered this because I told our club directors that I could customize the points for each club and they did not have to remain standardized throughout all the clubs.  I then began to customize each club's point values ....... The problem came when I had one request from the 3rd & 4th grade boys' club for one set of points and a different set of point values from 3rd & 4th grade girls' club.  I envision this happening again when I hear back from the Sparks directors and the 5th & 6th grade boys' & girls' clubs.  Is there a way to customize these section points based on the club and not the book?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:40:36 AM by Annette »

Rick Leffler

Re: Assigning Points for Sections Said
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
The section point values are strictly tied to the particular book, they are not influenced by a particular club.    Thus, all clubs using the same book must accept the same point values... so the T&T Boys and T&T Girls Directors will have to come to an agreement on what those point values should be. 

Note: The various Attendance-related categories like Club Attend, Chuch Attend, Uniform, Bible, Book, etc definitely can be set to differing values for each club under Admin > Club Setup, but the points for completing handbook sections can't vary from one T&T club to another T&T because those T&T clubs will be using the same books.   To set the point values you'd go to Admin > Curriculum and use the Set Point Values button.

Secretary Sue

Re: Assigning Points for Sections Said
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 07:52:05 AM »
Thanks!  That's what I thought!  I appreciate the clarification.  Now I get to mediate - should be fine - I just wish I had totally comprehended this BEFORE I encouraged the directors to customize their point values!!!!  "Live and Learn!"  Thanks for all, Rick!  AW is the BEST!!!!!!