Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Q&A / Quarters in Club Calendar not updating
« Last post by DavidCrow on February 12, 2020, 05:15:11 PM »
Note: This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

When our club year started last year, we had 31 weeks.  Since then, I've had to delete two club dates, bringing the total down to 29.  Instead of being distributed at 7 weeks each plus an extra one somewhere, they are: 6, 7, 6, and 10.
Tips / Create an Inventory Report
« Last post by Annette on February 03, 2020, 10:27:52 AM »
This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

1. Click the Inventory > Items tab to display the grid of Inventory item records.

2. Select to show "Items we use" in the toolbar.

3.  Hide all columns except those you specifically want on the report. Note: "Actual Count" is a blank column to write in an item count on a printed report.

4. Rearrange, shorten/widen columns, sort, and filter as desired.

5. Click the Printer button in the toolbar to preview the output. Use the features of the preview screen to: "Fit to Page Width", change orientation using "Page Setup", and add a report title using "Format". 

6. Once it looks good, click "Print" or "Export To PDF".

For help customizing the grid (hiding columns, sorting, filtering, etc.), see this post: https://www.approvedworkman.com/forum/index.php?topic=2217.0.
FAQs / Can I archive an entire household?
« Last post by Annette on February 03, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »
This post is applicable in the Cloud database's Windows App as well as in the Legacy database.

Question: We had a family move away and I want to archive the household. Is there a way to archive the entire household instead of opening each person's record?

Answer:There is not a menu item or button on the Household list to "Archive the Household"; however, it is pretty easy to effectively archive an entire family. Multi-select clubbers in the main Clubbers grid, then right click and select "Set Status to Archived".  If there are leaders in the household also, use the Check-in grid and first choose to show Clubbers and Leaders before multi-selecting. Once ALL members in the Household have a Status of Archived, then the Household Status is set to "Archived".

In general, keep in mind that the household status is determined by the statuses of the individual members. If there is only ONE member in the family and the status is "Inactive" or "Graduated", then the HH Status is set to the same.  If there are multiple members in the family and there is one member who is "Active" and others who are "Inactive" or "Graduated", then the HH Status would be "Active".

Note: in the Windows App, choose "Set Role Status" from the pop-up menu.
FAQs / Where are the Database Utilities in the Windows App?
« Last post by Annette on December 04, 2019, 10:09:19 AM »
This post only applies to the Cloud database!

Question: Where is the Admin > Database Utilities tab?

Answer: The Windows App does not have a Database Utilities tab (under Admin) as most of the utilities are not needed.  Processes like Backups and Optimizing are done for you.  Processes that are still available, such as the Data Import and the SQL Workbench, are now located under the Tools menu on the main toolbar.
FAQs / Why doesn't my shortcut work anymore?
« Last post by Annette on December 04, 2019, 10:01:39 AM »

Question: Why doesn't my shortcut work after I download an update?

Answer: the shortcut points to the specific version's executable. After the new version is downloaded, the old executable is deleted; so the shortcut no longer points to anything.

Instead of having a shortcut, put the exe on the desktop. (For additional help, see this post: https://www.approvedworkman.com/forum/index.php?topic=2192.0.)
FAQs / How do I get the Cloud Database's Windows App?
« Last post by Annette on December 03, 2019, 11:36:24 AM »

Questions:

I got a new computer and I need to get the Windows App from my old computer to the new one. How do I do that?

Our new secretary needs to be able to run reports. How does she get the Windows App on her computer?

Answer: The Cloud Database's Windows App executable (AWdbRemote.exe) can be downloaded from our website, here: https://approvedworkman.com/download-app. There is a 'Download Now' button as well as instructions.
Tips / Find out What's New
« Last post by Annette on December 03, 2019, 11:27:43 AM »

After applying an update to the Windows App, get details on the "What's New" tab located on the Home Page. (See the screenshot).  It provides information on Enhancements and Fixes that were included in the update.
FAQs / How does the Windows App get updated?
« Last post by Annette on December 03, 2019, 11:21:09 AM »

Question: How does the updating process work for the Windows App?

Answer: When there is an update available, a download button will be given immediately after logging in. When it is clicked, the old exe will be replaced with the newer one and the log in screen will be launched again.

The update process works best when the executable (AWdbRemote.exe) is on the desktop. Do NOT run the exe from the downloads folder or create a shortcut that points to the exe. (For help downloading the exe, see this post: https://www.approvedworkman.com/forum/index.php?topic=2192.0.

Note: the new exe will likely not be in the same spot on the desktop as the old one; but it will be there. Just move it back to where you like it.

The update cannot be skipped. It should be a simple process and only take an extra minute. If you experience trouble and this post doesn't help resolve it, please contact us so we can help!
Q&A / Re: Change a Leader's Role
« Last post by Secretary Sue on December 02, 2019, 11:41:43 PM »
Thanks so much, Rick! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving and will enjoy a Merry Christmas!
Q&A / Re: Change a Leader's Role
« Last post by Rick Leffler on December 02, 2019, 10:09:17 AM »
Open the individual member record, then double-click the Role record shown in lower left of the Member form. This will open the Role dialog where you can change the current Club Name assignment. Click Save and Close and the session (aka attendance) records will be updated to reflect the new club name from the current club date forward.  (Tip: If you want the club assignment change to be effective on a particular club date, make sure THAT is the date you have selected as the Current Club Date in the main toolbar.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10